It's All Faire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends who work Renaissance Faire, play World of Warcraft, D&D, etc.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

San Diego Comic Con 2008

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dawn Wolf
Admin
Dawn Wolf

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-03-24

San Diego Comic Con 2008 Empty
PostSubject: San Diego Comic Con 2008   San Diego Comic Con 2008 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 12:31 pm

The San Diego Comic Convention is fast approaching and if you haven't gotten your tickets yet and plan on going, know that there is no purchasing tickets at the convention doors. Also tickets are fast selling online. You can no longer buy tickets for Saturday or get the full 4 day pass. Friday is quick selling.
San Diego Comic Con 2008 L_ea66778608f0cc60f0914a4ce3ef4bdc

Exclamation Top things to remember when going to Comic Con:
1) Plan ahead on what you are going to see. For the big panels (usually located in Hall H) usually have huge lines and the rooms have limited capacity. Even though you wait in line, there is no guarantee that you will get in. What a lot of people do is sit in on the less popular panel before the big panel to reserve seats/space because they do not kick you out after a panel is over.
2) Haggle on the prices. Especially on Sunday because the more they sell, the less they have to pack up and ship back after the convention. So most are willing to make deals.
3) Grab a SWAG bag. There are bags all over the convention floor, but DC comics and Marvel booths are usually the first two places I go to because they usually hand out good big sturdy bags to lug around the SWAG that you find.
4) Bring a sharpie pen and a blank no lined journal. You never know who you'll see at Comic Con. You could be standing in line and suddenly notice your favorite comic book artist/writer or even actors (Seth Green always runs around Comic Con). It's better to have them available and never need to use them than wishing that you had them to get their autograph. Also know that artists are normally happy to draw something in your sketch book.
5) Bring Water. It's hotter than a motherfucker in San Diego during Comic Con, so be prepared.
6) Be warned of the crowds. It's always crazy and packed in the Main Hall (where the booths and sellers are). I have had my tits hit on numerous occasions by passing elbows and because of the amount of people rushing by, I never know who it is to yell at them. I've also am still working on some sort of breathing apparatus to wear on certain busy hours because I am short and always below the height of the crowd, I swear that it feels like the air is being sucked away from me below the haze of bodies.
But Saturday is the busiest day at Comic Con, so normally I spend that day going to panels.
7) Know what you're going to eat. If you didn't bring food than know that food in the convention center is usually very expensive. I normally suggest venturing out than to hunt for food (but not at normal lunch/dinner hours due to crowds). The convention center is located in the Gaslamp Quarter and there are plenty of places to go to. The http://www.gaslamp.org has a great list of places to eat and even a list of places to shop (including local markets).
8 ) Bring emergency items. I rarely have an asthmatic attack, but I still bring it even though I never tend use it. So bring any medication for just in case of that emergency situation.

I will be there again this year as well as selling my artwork again at the Art Auction - located near where you pick up your badges.

Last edited by Dawn Wolf on Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.artofdawn.com
Raven

Raven

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: San Diego Comic Con 2008   San Diego Comic Con 2008 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 1:53 pm

I am so hard for that right now. I need to find shoes!
Back to top Go down
http://racheldesade.deviantart.com
Constance

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: San Diego Comic Con 2008   San Diego Comic Con 2008 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 3:23 pm

I am not dressing up, but we're probably going to be there all week long. Woot.

If only I could lose 30 pounds by then, I'd dress as T''vray from LFG again. Sad
Back to top Go down
Dawn Wolf
Admin
Dawn Wolf

Female

PostSubject: Re: San Diego Comic Con 2008   San Diego Comic Con 2008 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 3:39 pm

Constance wrote:
I am not dressing up, but we're probably going to be there all week long. Woot.

If only I could lose 30 pounds by then, I'd dress as T''vray from LFG again. Sad

You can do what I am doing, trying for next year. Hell I have 12 months to loose 20 lbs, that I think I might be able to do. Now if only Christmas and Thanksgiving weren't in the way.
Back to top Go down
Constance

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: San Diego Comic Con 2008   San Diego Comic Con 2008 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 1:40 pm

Ok, so I am dressing up.

I am going to go as Willow from Season 8 of Buffy, the comic series. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dawn Wolf
Admin
Dawn Wolf

Female

PostSubject: Re: San Diego Comic Con 2008   San Diego Comic Con 2008 EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 1:53 pm

Constance wrote:
Ok, so I am dressing up.

I am going to go as Willow from Season 8 of Buffy, the comic series. Smile

Very cool!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: San Diego Comic Con 2008   San Diego Comic Con 2008 Empty

Back to top Go down

San Diego Comic Con 2008
Page 1 of 1