It's All Faire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends who work Renaissance Faire, play World of Warcraft, D&D, etc.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anime Expo 2008

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dawn Wolf
Admin
Dawn Wolf

Female
Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Anime Expo 2008 Empty
PostSubject: Anime Expo 2008   Anime Expo 2008 EmptySat Jun 28, 2008 5:46 pm

I will not be attending Anime Expo this year because of it's currently location in Los Angeles Convention Center. I personally don't find it to be a safe area. Especially since I am the type that would wear panty exposing costumes.

When or if I ever am around that area, I wear conventional clothing and usually go with a friend. I would never want to wear a restricting costume with heels.

Within a mile of that location within a three day span, there were: 2 theft from vehicle, 2 violent robbery, 1 aggravated assault. To me, that's too much in a short period of time. Reports taken from: http://www.lapdonline.org/crimemap/
affraid

When I go to the San Diego Comic Con and I want to dress in a Wonder Woman costume, I feel fine doing so because I feel safe to walk around that area. I also prefer to eat locally rather than in the convention center...something I don't really see being around the Los Angeles Convention Center - forcing you to have to pay for Convention Food.

Hotels are also not very easy to find if you plan on staying around there.

But if you say "None of this applies to me, I won't be wearing skimpy outfits or staying the night in the area. I also don't plan to leave the Convention Center, except to get into my car". Than you'll be fine and have a fun time. For me, I like the dressing up element of it when I went, there wasn't much else. It's not like San Diego Comic Con where I could say "Well they have fantastic panels and booths, hell I am going there to see what's hot and new - plus to buy shit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.artofdawn.com

Anime Expo 2008
Page 1 of 1